young folks- peter bjorn and john
EDIT: Entire NYC Vegan Food Guide here (from 2018 Kailee ;))
back to 2015-2017 Kailee (still good recs)
1. Baohaus (funky fast food in the East Village)
My order: 2 spicy birdhaus baos, taro fries & sweet bao.
2. Galli (fabulous Italian restaurant in Soho)
My order: polpette and a glass of rosé OR the vodka penne with broccoli.
3. Brooklyn Bagels (the best bagel spot in NYC, Chelsea location)
My order: plain bagel toasted with egg/cheddar, 1/4 of strawberry cream cheese and iced coffee.
4. Mikey Likes It (THICK ice cream and waffles in Alphabet City)
My order: daddy mac with a red velvet waffle and vanilla ice cream.
5. Westville (american bistro, multiple locations)
My order: the market vegetable plate with asparagus, mashed potatoes, green beans and broccoli <3
6. Mimi Cheng's Dumplings (taiwanese-chinese dumplings in the East Village)
My order: the pan fried mighty veggie dumplings with spicy dan dan noodles.
7. Juice Generation (juices, smoothies, acai bowls)
My order: the hail to kale juice, I <3 watermelon, or the PB & Joe.
8. Up Thai (BEST thai I've found in NYC for a reasonable price, located on the upper east side)
My order: pad see ew with tofu and ask for it be spicy! thai iced coffee, crepe dumplings, calamari....go at lunch for cheaper prices and a shorter wait time! It's almost always packed.
9. Mughlai (yummy Indian food on the upper east side)
My order: chicken tikki masala, fried okra and paneer naan. The lunch special is 50% off!
10. Naruto Ramen (cozy ramen bar, cash only)
My order: naruto ramen and gyoza.
11. Prince St Pizza (take away, deliciously greasy pizza by the slice)
My order: Avery and I both love the spicy square slices!
12. Perk Kafe (I'm always working at the 2nd avenue location! The employees are so sweet)
13. Heidi's House (teeny place on the ues- great for grabbing a beer and some comfort food)
If you're vegan, check out By Chloe, Champs Diner and The Butcher's Daughter.
Other great dessert places: Molly's Cupcakes and Rice to Riches.
Some honorable mentions: Jack's Wife Freda, Grey Dog Cafe, Thai Terminal, The Smith.
Healthy-ish fast food? Dos Toros.
DON'T order Postmates in NYC. Seamless almost always has free delivery! Here's a code that will get you $7 off your first order.
2. Dover Street Market
3. American Two Shot (quirky cute NYC boutique that sells lazy oaf/unif/plenty of up-and -coming independent designers)
4. Opening Ceremony
5. Verameat (really cool NYC based jewelry store)
6. Search and Destroy (semi-punk thrift store)
7. Bookmarc (curated book store by Marc Jacobs)
8. La Garconne
9. Calvin Klein on Madison (new store design by Sterling Ruby)
There are plenty of good ones! I personally love The Whitney and The Met. Honorable mentions go to The Guggenheim, MOMA, and The Cooper Hewitt.
May 4- September 4, 2017
Rei Kawakubo/Comme Des Garcons
The Art of the In-Between
Make sure to go to the rooftop of The Met for an amazing view of the skyline and Central Park.
Chelsea Nail Salon- inexpensive gel manicures that last for 4-5 weeks AND you'll almost always get a free massage.
Muze Salon- semi-luxe hair salon.
Sugaring NYC- if you need waxed!
LashForever- there's a discount for first time customers <3
Red Barron Ink- a cozy little shop in Alphabet City. Avery just got his rib tattooed by Sue :)
Luster Photo- where I get film developed!
1. Central Park
2. Hudson River Park
3. Washington Square
4. Tompkins Square